Sweet Slumber

Today is the first day that I have had both Blayne and Emileigh, alone, since August 28th.  You know, that awful day that I woke up with a broken back.

It feels so wonderful!

The little things are what I missed the most.  Snuggling on the couch while watching Sesame Street, putting a load of laundry in and hearing the sound of the dishwasher running.  I began the organization project of a lifetime, TOYS, today...Who knows when that will be completed.

Now, I sit in the recliner in my bedroom next to my bed where Blayne thinks he must sleep, and I am watching my little man drift off to sleep.  He has always been a very good sleeper, you tell him to go to sleep and he does.

I am enjoying the sweet sounds he is making as his breathing turns heavier and slower.

I have missed this.  Since August, I have taken every opportunity to join in at nap time, usually asleep before he.

Now, I sit here and take it all in.

Yes, I am healing.

Finally.

0 comments :