Stupidity

**Update** We have a meeting tomorrow with a NEW DAYCARE!




Blayne promoted in Daycare on May 11th. he is the youngest- definately not anywhere near the other children, HATES IT, cries when I leave him, comes home starving... etc.

Since May 11th he has been to daycare a total of 4 days.

Day 1- BIG HUGE fiasco regarding epi-pens and how to use them. My kid has been going to the same daycare with the same directors since he was 6 weeks old. He has had food allergies that require knowing how to administer an epi-pen since he was 6 months old. Blayne is 14 months old and you call me to get directions? I know that I sleep a lot, but come on- YOU WERE TRAINED IN OCTOBER!!!!

Day 2- I have to peel a screaming kid off of me and hand him over to a lady who referrs to him as the "allergy kid" umm excuse me his name is Blayne. What is yours because I have NEVER MET YOU BEFORE. Oh and Blayne is fed somthing that might have cheese on it. Cheese is the #1 no no- the item he is most allergic to. The item that sends himi to the hospital in a big ambulance where he gets to spend a very expensive night in the hospital. not fun

Day 3- I have to again peel a screaming kid off of me. i leave in tears, haven't had to do that since day 1 and not ever going to do it again. Aunt Christy picks Blayne up, no one called to let them know she was going to- they just let him go with her. No phone call to mom, nothing! Good thing she called with him in her Jeep on the way home- I would have wasted a trip. BUT that really isn't the point is it? When I pick him up, she explains that they might have let him eat a goldfish with his snack. Uhhh CHEESE PEOPLE!

Day 4 (today) FINAL STRAW. I drop blayne off in a room FULL of big kids. We are talking at least 8 and 1 teacher. The kid in front of Blayne is clinging to his mother- i am calling him a hollar monkey- Blayne is staring. He isn't crying though- so maybe we are crossing a bridge. I put away all of his things, diapers, cups of soy milk, diaper bag, epi-pens and walk out the door. At 9am I get a phone call from daycare explaining that Blayne has been crying for two hours. Uhhh, I say- He hates his new classroom, does he have a fever? Throwing up? Any medical issue? No they say- he is just tugging at his ears. (surprise) Blayne's ears have been draining for a week (allergies) and they itch. Comes with Tubes... instead of inside drainage we deal with outside drainage. Wipe it off and put him in front of a toy. No medical issues, give them my suggestions and say I will call later to check on him. Hang up
Called back to see if they fed him breakfast. I get, Ummm let me go check. (doh)
Comes back to the phone and says yes. I ask what he is doing now, am told that he is headed outside to play. Outside is Blayne's most favorite place to be. I said I would call back and check on him at 11.
11:00 rolls around and I call. I am told now that my kid has a 99.9 degree temp, crying non stop and needs to come home. I call in reinforcements (gram) and head to BA to pick up Blayne-o.
Upon arrival i find my kid strapped in a chair 20 feet from all of the other kids. He looks so sad. My blood pressure and mommy pissed off meter goes off and I try to keep my cool while the two girls who are supposed to be taking care of my kid give me all kinds of excuses why his face looks like he ate dirt cakes for breakfast and his diaper needs changed. All the while he is trying to get out of the freaking geri-chair!

I pick up the daily record without taking another glance and storm out with my kid. heading to the PED's office because accoriding to the dumbasses at daycare he is sick. GRRRR

I finally look down at the paper and notice they fed blayne waffles for breakfast. i call them, simply ask what the ingredients were and told, eggs, milk, and soy. DING DING DING
I wonder why he was fussy?!!!! his tummy hurt you ignorant idioit.

Walk into Dr. Bakers office 15 minutes later ( I LOVE MY PED) and Blayne's temp is 97 and nothing. We are going to work on his ears a little but other than that FINE AS FROG HAIR.

so- do I just go kick their ass or do what????



2 comments :

Amy Inman

Oh my gosh! Okay...yes, kick them! First, they let him go with someone that they didn't know! You know my opinion on that....so that was a big strike. Secondly, they gave him food that he is highly allergic to multiple times in one week! Okay, that is grounds for a mommy freak-out! Yes, yes, yes...kick them! Call the director, call DHS, call whoever you have to! Man, I might just drive down there for you!

All of that aside, it sounds like he might not be in the best place for him. However, it might take you a while to find the appropriate place. SO....call the director, in the most calm voice that you can use, explain the entire situation and that you feel like your son's safety and well-being are in jeopardy. And, that if forced, you may need to call DHS for fear of the other children's safety and well-being as well. THEN, maybe that will buy you a little time to find a different place. Just my suggestions!

Love ya girl!

Maria

Too too too close to what we just went through! I'm glad you got him out. We left our center recently too and start Riverfield next week. Ridiculous!