Six Pounds Down

Where did I go?!!  I'm still here... life has just thrown us a loop (as it usually does when you start something good).  I started going to weight watcher's meetings last Thursday (July 12) and the first meeting, I put up a weight loss of six (6) pounds.  While everyone was super excited, I was just okay. 
I know that six pounds is a big deal... I could have gained it, right?  I know that I spend last Saturday with a group of girls that included certain beverages and an amazing dinner.  All in all, I lost six pounds.  I guess, I just wish that I had never put myself in this position.  I'm frustrated with everything that I have held back for so long.  I am frustrated that I turned into a different person and ran instead of facing it. 

I'm happy for the first six pounds.  I am.  I'm more excited about the fact that it's a start in the right direction.

3 comments :

Unknown

Keep going! 6 pounds is awesome! And, yes, you should be excited that you are taking steps in the right directions, but also that you've lost! Celebrate your accomplishments! Proud of you. Love and FACKIN miss your faces!

Unknown

I do the same thing when I am trying to lose weight. I focus on the failure of needing to lose weight. But wishing you were not in this situation won't change it and may even sabotage your efforts. So I say, rejoice in your successes and let that fuel you to keep going.

Anonymous

That's awesome! Weight Watchers works, my advice with that is attend the meetings. When I stopped attending meetings my weight plateaued. Also, stick with it to the end. I was dumb, I got close to my goal weight, got super excited and quit. I was only 10 pounds away from my lifetime goal... Once you reach goal weight they open new doors of opportunity. So learn from my mistakes.