Reagan

We are fostering a sweet little brindle boxer female.  She was found, with what we believe to be her sister, roaming the country side.  The two were chasing cattle so they were close to losing their life, I'm sure.  My friend, Anne (I think I can call her my friend now) called and I met her at the city pound.  

Reagan was in heat, scared to death, and skinny.  Anne said she could have been much skinnier, but to me, she was much too thin.

We brought her in, bought a crate, and introduced her to Bo.  He couldn't care less.  While she was in her crate, she tried to act bad and eat him.  But, I think it was a mixture of her being scared to death, and in heat. 

Once she was spayed (on Valentines day- poor girl) she has turned into such a sweet girl.  Although, she has let her inner puppy out.  She chews on everything.  

Friday, we will take her to meet her potential adoptive parents.  While I am so very excited, it's somewhat bittersweet.  Our first foster will have come and gone.  Her becoming adopted will make room for another needy pet, but, still.... the first- finished.

I know that I have definitely spammed my personal and business facebook pages with promoting Tulsa Boxer Rescue's Scentsy fundraiser. I hope no one was so offended they were angry.  I hope one or two people have given the idea of adoption  some time.

Here are some pictures of Reagan...Rea Rea, as Emileigh calls her :)













0 comments :