T-shirt Scarf



I have been wanting to make a unique scarf for sometime, and tonight, I finally found the time and energy to get after the project.  The tots went over to my dad's so I had a few hours to be crafty.  This is what I made:



I first spotted a similar one from a blogger at, kevinandamanda.com  I thought it couldn't be too hard, so tonight, I dug out a few shirts and went to work.

I'm not even kidding, this is so easy.  Really.  You can do it in an hour watching your favorite show on TV.  It's super simple, and all your friends are going to beg for one.  

I think, perhaps, my friends might find one in their Christmas gifts from me this year.... maybe.


To make this beauty  you need to dig out some old (or new, but okay to cut up) t-shirts.  I used four, a crimson, white, gray, and black.  If you know me, you know I'm supporting my Sooners with this one :)
Find some sharp scissors, and you are ready to go.



The first step  is to cut the hem off the bottom of the shirt and set it aside.  Later you will cut them into six inch strips and use them to attach your rings together.

Secondly, cut eight strips from the t-shirt.  When cut, it will look something like this:


Not only is this project super simple, you don't have to worry about cutting in super straight lines or worry about jagged edges.

Once all of the strips have been cut out, the fun begins.

Take a piece of fabric and pull on it.  Stretch it out as far as it will stretch.  Magically, your fabric will go from flat and jagged to long and turned in.  Awesome, right?

totally bad picture- sorry!



Stretch all strips then wind them around your fingers to make rings.  Set them aside:




Once you have them all stretched, begin to assemble.  Put two rings together and tie with a piece of the bottom cuff.  I used four shirts, so I ended up with 32 rings.  Use as many as you like.  That's the fun!




I can't wait to see if you make one.  If you do, leave me a comment, or link.  I am super happy I stumbled upon the tutorial myself.  Good Luck and...well.... boomer sooner :)  

0 comments :