Sandbox Birthday

I am a bit behind on posting pictures from Blayne's second birthday...  Seems like I am a bit behind on life in general lately.  

Blayne turned two on March 6, 2010.  I can't even begin to explain how quickly the past 24+ months have flown by.  It makes me very sad when I think that in just two short years, Blayne will be attending Pre-K and getting ready for school.  amazing...

Blayne's Birthday was on a Saturday this year; however, Kevin was taking a class to keep his license for work, so we decided not to have a big party.  We spend the day in Slick with Memaw and Pepaw.  Blayne's favorite place to be in the universe is outside, so he got to play all day!  We went from the Sandbox, to the park, to the swingset, to just running around.  He had a blast. 

My grandparents have had a turtle sandbox since I was a baby.  I mostly remember pretending I was Mr. Rogers when I played it.  You see, I was addicted to Mr, Rogers and he had the best sandbox of all time!!
I can remember playing in it with my friends, cousins... etc.  I remember putting the lid on tip and using it as a trampoline, as my grandparents would NOT buy one for me.   Lots of special memories are in that little sandbox. 

Funny- I guess I was pretty old before I realized that they must have replaced the sandbox again and again... I just thought it was the same old one.

Needless to say, they still have that green turtle sandbox in their back yard.  It isn't under the big tree anymore, the big tree has been cut down... it isn't next to the tire swing either... but it is there!  Jaci and Blayne spend HOURS playing in the box. 

Now- when I was a little girl, there was a rule:  NO THROWING SAND!:  It seems that since a new generation has arrived- that rule is out the window.  At least when it comes to Blayne that is... Now they say, " we can always replace it, Jennifer.  Let the boy play..."  When did they let ME play?  ha.

Below are some shots of Blayne playing in the sandbox on his Birthday.  He had sooo much fun. 

Happy Birthday Blayne, We love you so very much!





Finally - The Elmo shirt he is wearing... he would have lived in it if we would have let him.  everything was ELMO....   I'm all for elmo, love sesame street... but am very glad everything isn't elmo now...



0 comments :