It's about time.

I used to be a crafty person.  I scrapbooked, made some simple quilts, got into the bow making craze.  This was all before we had children and my free time disappeared.  Maybe it was before facebook hooked me.  I'm not sure, however, I lost my mojo a long time ago.  I used to have all of the latest gadgets and paper and embellishments.  I had enough product to fill a dang room.  My problem: I spent more time organizing the stuff, then actually creating.

Fast forward six years or so, and that creative side is trying to make a comeback.  I surf blogs and message board gallaries and think- Hmmm maybe I could get back into (whatever it is I'm looking at). 

I stumbled upon etsy- and while that was pretty exciting- I'm not confident that I could actually sell my creations.  Although, that is really my dream!

So, my crafty-ness continued to stay boxed up hidden in a closet upstairs.  Once a week- sending SOS messages to my heart.

Oh- I guess I should throw in the fact that since October 2010, I have been a stay at home mom.  We went from a two income family to quickly (and suddenly) a one income family of not two, but four.  Needless to say, purchasing anything for fun was out of the question.  So, as time passed by, and items were changing, I just let them change... and I was left in the dust. 

Somehow it felt a bit ironic that I was an avid scrapbooker before we had babies, yet when they tots arrived- I stopped. 

About a month ago, I was surfing a scrapbooking message board and clicked on a thread titled "Pinterest invite needed." I'm a sucker for the latest internet fad, so I jumped on the boat and requested one for myself.

Let me tell you, this has brought my mojo back in full force.  Basically, it is a website where you "pin" pictures to virtual pin boards which in turn are shared with your followers.  It's not the typical facebook or twitter social network, although it has certain twitter aspects.  You just look through pictures and if you like it, or are inspired by something, you just pin it to the corresponding board of your choice.  Currently, I have 50 boards!! 

Here is my pinterest address:  http://pinterest.com/jentaylor03/

If you need an invite, put your email address in the comment section below.  I'll get an email sent with an invite included.

In the meantime- I'm off to clean out a closet upstairs to I can get crafty again.  I have found a couple of pictures online for some space inspiration.

love the built ins on this.




The shoe holders are genious


What ideas do you have for my crafty closet?

 

1 comments :

Anonymous

I understand about the lack of "mojo". I used to draw a lot if you remember back in Jr High and high school but since becoming an adult have not done so as much. There are at times the need screams at me to do so again. Perhaps in due time.