Vacation: Day 2

We finally made it to the Big Easy this afternoon.  Let me tell ya, it was a journey to say the least!  We left the hotel around 11 this morning and headed to Jackson.  Yes, we played the Johnny Cash song "jackson" when we arrived.  (Vacations need theme songs)

We stopped at McAlisters Deli in Clinton on the way over and drank our weight in sweet tea, we all did... even the kiddos.

My girlfriend, Melissa sent a message that I really needed a couple of filters for my lenses, so we bee-lined to Best Buy in Jackson, MS to pick them up.  

After getting the camera loot, we headed south to New Orleans.  I drove the last half of the way and Kevo manned the camera and served as official navigator.  He failed.  Well, he failed at being a navigator, you can be the judge by his pics :)  

Thank GOD we have on-star.  I use it almost every day... they find places for me, give me driving directions, laugh when I get lost... blah blah  The poor on-star rep who answered my call when we got to the French Quarter earned his money today.  I am not kidding, we were on the phone with him for an hour.  This town is so old that the streets aren't big enough for 21st century transportation.  Most streets are one way and you can't turn left on 90% of them.  That makes this okie crazy.  People, I don't drive in Oklahoma City.... I was white knuckled and sweating buckets before we made it to our hotel (which we passed three times... )

We made it.  We got to our room and took a five minute rest before going to dinner.  The kids had chicken, I had a burger, and Kevin ate Mud Bugs... Nasty, sick, ohmygod disgusting.

After dinner, we walked around Bourbon Street, listened to some street musicians, stopped in a shop, took some pictures, and rode the trolley.  all in all- we had a wonderful evening.  the kids couldn't stop watching people,  I couldn't stop looking at the architecture.


Had to get another sign!  We'll have them all before long (they might just be coming home, too)  Em was sleeping when we passed the LA one.  I let her sleep :)


Kevo Pic :)  he'll have to explain.






Cemetery.  We will be visiting one of these tomorrow. I'm really excited about that!








Mud Bugs - Crawfish - Crawdads - sick, gross, disgusting.  

See- Even EMJ says it's pretty nasty.  Look at that face!

Boog was playing angry birds :)  Conquering levels and winning golden eggs.  really, my kid rocks at this game.

Where we ate :)

The fat guy in the blue shirt was shit face drunk.  (Sorry, grandma.. that was the only way I could describe it).






Em tried on a pink hat :)


Boog tried on a hat and we had to buy it... you know, for the beach and all!








The trolley we rode.  Very cool !



Thanks for reading :)  It's late and I've got a LOT to do tomorrow.  I'll man the camera tomorrow!

0 comments :