365 days...

365 days ago, I was preparing to meet my daughter. 

I was packing, then re-packing the hospital bag.  Cleaned the apartment.  Sent Blayne to my grandma's house.  I thought I was prepared. 

Kevin and I went to sleep and woke up at 4am for the journey.  You can find it here.

Since then, we have welcomed Emileigh, went from a two income to a one income family, moved from Tulsa back to Muskogee, experienced holidays, birthdays, and everydays as a family of four.  Through all of the ups and downs we have gone through the past 365 days I have learned one thing.  Emileigh completes us.

She teaches me daily what true, absolute love is.  She has loved Blayne since the very first time he kissed her in the hospital.  She was hour old.  She loves her da-da with every bone in that tiny body.  She loves me more than I have ever been loved.  She is patient with us, teaches us to laugh, and to slow down.  She watches, patiently and then attempts to take on the challenges before her.  She is ONE.  She is such a big girl.  She is such a good girl.

I re-read the post about crying when grandma took Blayne the day before we had Em.  I cried because I was afraid that bringing another baby into this world would somehow be bad for him.

i couldnt have been more wrong.

I love you sweet baby girl.  Happy Birthday Emileigh.  

0 comments :